The Salzburg Institute of Reading Research (SIRR) is an interdisciplinary research unit of the InterCultural Center. The following aspects of reading research are covered:
- all linguistic aspects of literacy including developmental and acquired dyslexia
- Reading eye movements (eye-tracking) of:
- Typically developing children and dyslexic children
- Children who learn to read in two languages (two phonological systems)
- Children who learn to read in different scripts (alphabetic- non-alphabetic scripts)
- Adults who learn to read in a second/ third language
- early identification tools to prevent literacy difficulties: effective prevention and intervention
Our mission is
- to conduct basic research on reading, reading growth, reading assessment, and reading instruction that will contribute to the scientific knowledge of reading
- to conduct applied research that will have an immediate impact on policy and practices related to literacy instruction
Director of the Salzburg Institute of Reading Research (SIRR): Prof. Dr. Thomas Kaltenbacher
Salzburg Intercultural and Reading Research (SIRR) Publications:
Let’s share great ideas free of charge!
- Via the internet we can share perfect copies of our work with a worldwide audience at virtually no cost. We take advantage of this revolutionary opportunity and make our work “open access”: digital, online, free of charge, and free of most copyright and licensing restrictions.
- SIRR Publications is an international academic publisher that issues a peer-reviewed, intercultural journal as well as academic books and educational children’s literature free of charge.
- SIRR is dedicated to meet the high demands of academic and professional needs. Our ICC Board (see brochure) authors, edits and peer-reviews works on emerging topics in intercultural studies & communication sciences and disorders. With the help of open access we are able to make brilliant ideas and solutions for state-of-the-field theory, research and projects quickly accessible.
- SIRR places the needs of students, teachers and researchers at the heart of its venture and shares their passion for transforming lives around the world.
- Thinking divergently and encouraging creativity– together with our research partners and fellow academics we publish challenging texts to promote cultural change!
The download area including all publications will be quickly made available here!